Fully restored stone village house with a breathtaking views of miles and miles of vineyards and countryside in the charming village of Caussiniojouls, on the edge of the Languedoc mountains, 15 minutes from Beziers. Great walking, biking, and kayaking, tour the vineyards of the Faugeres AOC (including two in the village), swim at wonderful beaches (20 minutes), also near Carcassonne and other castles as well as the charming cities of Beziers and Pezenas (15 minutes) with markets, antiques, medieval architecture. .
Our charming, fully restored stone village house is comfortably furnished house with all new appliances, American style mattresses and couches, a private garden and rooftop terrace, both bursting with local flowers. Fully equipped with wireless internet, digital TV, barbecue, beach gear, and anything else one might want.
Sleeps 4 to 7: Includes two bedrooms (one with double bed, one with a double bed and a single bed) and a sleeping loft (double bed).
Modern bathroom, and open loft bright and spacious living room and a fully equipped kitchen. Colourwashed walls, tiled floors and blend of traditional and modern furniture create a welcoming atmosphere.
A staircase from the living room leads to a spacious rooftop terrace where you'll see exquisite stars at night and the twinkling lights of the Mediterranean coast in the far distance. On the ground floor utility room, there's a washer/drier and a ping pong table. Next to the house is a garden.
The ancient village of Caussiniojouls is in the heart of Languedoc, France's largest wine growing area. Caussiniojouls, whose cobblestoned streets are lined with flowers, is perched on the side of the Languedoc mountains with wonderful views in all directions. The village boasts a medieval church and castle, and is surrounded by vineyards. See comments from previous renters .
This is a wonderful authentic part of France--with all the charm and amenities of Provence but none of the crowds. Caussiniojouls is an ideal base to absorb and enjoy the true character of Languedoc and its region. Within fifteen minutes or less, you'll find:
- Faugeres, the next village with a well-known wine cooperative.
- Bedarieux, a bustling traditional market town (outdoor market on Monday and Saturday), with shops, a summer music festival, swimming and sports
- The Orb River with kayaking, canoeing
- Roquebrun, an ancient village on a rocky hillside with clear river swimming and Mediterranian gardens
- Magalas, a nearby village with two wonderful restaurants
- Excellent walking and hiking with wonderful vistas in the Languedoc Mountains
Languedoc offers an unusually diverse array of activities for visitors, from wineries and castles, to beaches, Roman sites, kayaking, biking or hiking. You'll enjoy:
- The Mediterranean coast with numerous accessible beaches and beach towns (Serignan and the lively old seaside town of Valras), both a half an hour away
- Beziers, charming coastal city with a well-known antiques market (30 minutes)
- The Canal du Midi for cycling.
- Carcassone, the number one tourist attraction in France, with its medieval castle and restored village (60 minutes)
Caussiniojouls is within easy driving distance of international airports - Montpellier (60 mins), Carcassonne (60 mins), Toulouse (2 hours) and Barcelona (2.5 hours). There are railway stations at Beziers (30 mins) and Narbonne (40 mins) with TGV connections to Paris.
Contact Susan Caughman via phone: 212 595 8007 or email email@example.com for details, aavailability and more information.
For 2013 rental rates, see link on right.
For photos of the house and the region, see the photo gallery on this page.